Where and when
Helsinki, Finland. 17 July 2016 to 3 August 2016
Global food security and urban cultivation.
The global demand for fertile lands for agriculture is expected to increase in the future as the population grows. At the same time more and more people are living in cities. This IPP will examine the complex issues surrounding food security and the role cities could play, while minimizing environmental impacts. The partner organization is Dodo, an environmental organization that explores environmental issues from an urban perspective. The practical part of this IPP will focus working at the cultivation sites of the partner organization as well as organizing a brunch and developing a sustainable food cookbook.
Participants should ideally:
- Be ready and willing to work outside.
- Have an interest in the theme.
- Have a background in/knowledge of relevant fields such as nutrition, international relations, agriculture and forestry and urban studies/planning.
- Have some documentation skills.
How to take part
Contact your nearest CISV National Association and register your interest for IPP P-2016-005 Finland
- download general 2016 IPP information (Poster)
- download general 2016 IPP information (Flyer)