Where and when
Gorizia, Italy. 13 – 27 July 2018.
Educational content area
This IPP will look at how to make a world that everyone is more at ease living in. With the help of local artists, participants in this IPP will help reorganize and create art installations in the park annexed to the partner organization premises, regenerating it for use by a diverse local community. The regenerated park will be accessible for both local residents and the users of the partner organization’s services, providing a public space that is inclusive and promotes integration.
The partner organization, Consorzio Isontino Servizi Integrati (CISI), is the local authority in charge of day care and assistance to people with disabilities, youth and adults. They work for the integration of mentally and physically diverse people, focusing on the quality of their life and on the accessibility for them not only at the institutional premises but also in their homes, acting through various practical activities including arts and sports.
Inclusiveness is a concept applying to people’s lives both at home and at the institution – and an inclusive world is easier to live in for everyone. By taking part in art activities – as well as maintenance - and getting in touch with adults with mental disabilities, their carer’s and health staff, participants and their partners will build on their understanding of disability needs and rights. Participants will reflect on their own personal connection to disability, and share with the partner and each other, the different approaches to disability and integration from their own countries and cultures.
Participants should ideally:
- be interested in learning about inclusiveness and accessibility.
- be ready to work in team with disabled people and with their day-carers.
- be creative, with interest in the arts and also ready to play sports as a means for mutual understanding.
- be willing to communicate with more than words (English competence within the community is not guaranteed. A little Italian would be an asset)
- previous work or volunteering experience with disability would be beneficial.
How to take part
Contact your nearest CISV National Association and register your interest for IPP P-2018-010 Italy
Download general 2018 IPP information
- A3 poster
- A3 poster (prints as two A4)